Sunday Labs: My Mother and Me
14:30 - 18:30
Centre Wild Flower
“All women become like their mothers. That is their great tragedy. No man does, and that is his.”
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
She was your doorway into this world. But might you have received things from your mother that you’re carrying around unecessarily? Whether she is/was your best friend or harshest critic, how does she influence the way you think and act today? How are you like her? How are you different? What can you learn from her?
During four hours of conscious breathing and expressive writing, we’ll explore the impact of this primary relationship on our lives. Narra Lab will use short bursts of free-writing to examine “inherited” beliefs and conclusions we may be holding on to unwittingly. Breath Lab will focus on breathing and movement exercises for clearing, centering, and setting boundaries.
No writing experience is necessary.
If you want to
- get some perspective on your mother as a human being
- take more responsibility for your life
- take steps towards a more peaceful attitude towards your mother or celebrate the relationship you have with her
- develop independence and the ability to nurture yourself
– then this Sunday Lab is for you!
Bookings are closed for this event.